5 Methods for More Gigs and More Work One of the best converters of your sweat into paid work is by giving speeches to a warm, cosy and qualified room of decision making, budget holding corporate executives fascinated by your … Continue reading
How would you feel if you could smash the 3 biggest barriers that are currently stopping you growing your training / coaching business?
Where would you reinvest the extra income that you generate in 2017?
And, What extra value would you deliver to your corporate customers enabling them to experience an increase in their profits, performance and passion?
New Webinar – Discover the 3 Growth Essentials that will get your Training / Coaching Business Moving in 2017. Tuesday, 7th February 2017 | 7PM, London time | 6PM, Paris time.
- ACTIVITY – This interactive webinar will point out which actions used to work and work no longer. Imagine the time you will save as you divert energy, enthusiasm and your time to modern and high-impact marketing actions that convert strangers to contacts, acquaintances to advocates and LinkedIn connections to paying customers. With the right moves you will interrupt busy professionals to take notice of your authentic message. You will engage with them by speaking THEIR language. You will build a channel to educate them from a place of expertise and you will create a desire in them to access more of YOU.
The measure of your success is simple – when you get your process, branding and communication right, they will “Do as you say and pay as you ask.”
- ORGANISATION – Just because it is simple does not mean than people do it, do it correctly or do it consistently.
From a base of cultural modesty or a fear of rejection, the vast majority of solo-preneurs and small business owners fail to network or hustle sufficiently. They fail to capture data in an effective way. They fail to measure engagement, customer feeling and conversion rates and thus they fail to experience the “drip” of new business as customers come to them as and when the CUSTOMER IS READY.
Remember only 1% – 5% of customers are ready to buy at any one time. The secret is to keep in contact and have a sequence of touch points so that you become trusted and front of mind because you need to be there when THEY ARE READY TO BUY. Put simply, if you stay in contact, you will win further down the road (when everyone else has given up.)
- DYNAMISM – Are you marketing like a 5 Year old? You try everything in an over energetic attempt to change the world in 5 minutes and then collapse in a sweaty heap and declare that life is not fair and that marketing is impossible and does not work?
Modern marketing is about getting organised and then scheduling your activity, your energy and your passion to the best effect. When you develop the mindset of a HUSTLER you will discover how to convert a basic opportunity into a prime one and that means you will access the next level of customer, customer budget and customer decision maker. As you become fluent in the language of modern marketing all your hard work and preparation will actively attract opportunities to your brand, your authentic persona and you will have the chance to articulate your vision and deliver the best of you to the best of the corporate world AND you will qualify OUT the people who will not benefit and qualify IN the elite who will do as you say, pay what you ask and benefit the most from your expertise.
If 2017 is going to be your year what do you need to do? What steps must you take?
Register now for this complimentary high energy and interactive webinar;
Tuesday, 7th February 2017 | 7PM, London time | 6PM, Paris time |
Bring your questions, your passion and a pen. See you for the 2017 launch webinar.
When you excel at each step of the training process, you create magic and generate repeat bookings for you, the independent trainer. Continue reading
Learn the 13 step formula for establishing and growing your independent trainer business. Free webinar. Continue reading
Share your passion with the world. And repurpose your wisdom to grow a meaningful trainer business internationally and at home. It starts with a microphone… Continue reading
A little Marketing magic goes a long way
The word marketing can make us dizzy with its many different meanings – and no one should claim to understand them all.
For the purposes of this short and pithy post, marketing refers to the information you put out there in the web-o-sphere (technical term) to influence and inform your potential customer base of your offering, your persona and the value of your work to them.
Coffee to Sex and Marriage
BTW – this is the first rule of marketing – be as provocative as you dare to grab people’s attention – if they don’t read you, you don’t exist for them.
The phrase “coffee to sex” refers to the pathway of engagement. At each stage there is an appropriate interaction for them to expect from you or for you to offer to them. Mess that up and you end up looking foolish.
Trust based communication
Linked the pathway of engagement is the trust ladder. If I am low on your trust ladder I cannot ask you for much. If we are both high on the trust ladder we can exchange value for mutual gain – this is witnessed in the exchange of ethical and sustainable business.
“Know, Like & Trust”
The social media marketing guru, Penny Power OBE, coined the phrase and wrote a book describing how a consumer of information behaves and what they need to receive in order to become a healthy, happy and profitable customer of yours.
*Know – Here we move the unsuspecting prospect from a position of not knowing you exist to knowing that you both exist and have something to say that they need to hear. You also need to grasp the audience’s attention. Your well expressed purpose in a punchy headline will normally work a treat. (See the previous post 2. on Identity.)
*Like – Now you get the chance to express your wonderful and warm personality in print, via video and in person so that the audience can fall in like with you and see your true and authentic self. Being funny, offering wise insights, providing stories that entertain and inform – all add to the emotion of liking you.
*Trust – Trust is a real thing – ABI – Ability, Benevolence and Integrity – You top the charts when you consistently demonstrate your depth of knowledge with solutions and skills that match your promise. When you over deliver with kindness and a positive attitude you will be perceived as benevolent. And, when you keep your word, under-promise and over-deliver you will gain a tick in the integrity box as well.
The Secret of Sequencing
Putting the various marketing communications together whilst sticking to the pathway of engagement and incrementally building awareness and trust is the magic formula that will result in an enriching flow of incoming new business enquiries.
For more ideas on how establish and grow your Independent Trainer Business we invite you to join us for the Independent Trainer Consultative Selling Webinar 3 – GOING FOR GROWTH, on 5th October 2016, 6PM London time, 7PM Paris time. Register now at;
Your Audience OWN your reputation. Take a sip of water to deal with the shock. And now read on… Continue reading
The season for the social gathering of trainers and coaches is about to begin. There will be some wonderful events. And, as the red wine flows half of the trainers and coaches in any group will start to quietly complain – about the number of days they got this year, the fees they received per subcontract day and how their income is not necessarily keeping up with rent or the cost of bringing up children.
The truth is, independent trainers and coaches risk getting caught in a 5-part trap.
- Discounts – Volume training providers are paying subcontractors an ever decreasing amount of training money in real terms. The promise of volume attracts high potential individuals who sacrifice a lot of time and a little pride to travel hard, work hard but not necessarily to earn hard.
- Scarcity of time – Following on from cheap training days, the downward spiral demands sacrificing more of your 200 days a year to delivering discounted training, leaving less time to develop your own ideas for outstanding training material, to build your own network and to win your own customers.
- Brand – The more time you spend as a subcontractor the less opportunity you are taking to develop, what is potentially, your most valuable attribute – you, your brand, your reputation and a healthy market perception of your value (which is PREMIUM in case you needed reminding!)
- Assets – When you use other people’s material you are gaining valuable experience but you are not necessarily spending time creating your own capital assets. You are not creating training products that stand as INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY – ones that attract a premium fee from quality customers.
- Networking – With each flight, train or car journey coming back from a distant subcontract customer you are giving away your travel time for free and missing the opportunity to build your social and professional connections in a way that will generate better income.
Don’t get me wrong. A blend of subcontract days with premium direct training days provides an amazing variety of experience, a great income and the opportunity to do more of what you love. My point is simple. Most people slide into the trap of too much subcontract and not enough premium. Or… No premium days at all!
All this can change. The post headline enquires as to your plans for 2016. As part of your relaxing downtime with family and friends over the Christmas break, will you be thinking of up scaling and upgrading your business next year? Will you be taking out your pen and Moleskine and making ambitious plans? And will these plans convert into solid actions? And will these actions result in getting paid more for delivering premium training days?
There are many suggestions and insights that can help. Here are just three?
- Create a Product for Prospects – Take the time to write a white paper, executive briefing document or community resource that will be appreciated by your target market. Put it on a website or in a newsletter and ask a small action in return – request an e mail or entering the prospect’s first name and e mail in a box. This simple trade moves your prospect from observer to light action taker.
- Market not product – By making a subtle shift away from talking about the unique qualities of YOU it is possible to engage with more senior decision makers (as opposed to battling with middle ranking L&D professionals that only have the power to say “No!” and not the insight to sponsor you within their organisation.) Invest effort in looking at the bigger picture and collect irresistible data and stories that will be of genuine interest to business heads. Engage them in adult debate about market threats and challenges. This will give you the opportunity to position your offering as a solution to their current pain.
- Charge more – The moment your start to value yourself more highly, the market will increase their perceived value of you as well. It is time to stop the scarcity script and acknowledge your own incredible depth of experience and charge accordingly…
When you think about it, €20,000 would make quite a difference to you next year. €10,000 would make a difference to you next year. For many independent trainers, €5,000 extra would make a difference next year. That is only TWO premium training days!
If the Intercultural Training Channel Community are interested in this topic, I will expand its prominence in the newsletter over the coming months. Ideas include concrete suggestions for improving your consultative selling skills, webinars that tackle the specific marketing, networking and selling issues you face and running more Consultative Selling Boot Camps in both Amsterdam and London in 2016.
Please feel free to indicate your level of interest, and tell me what particular topics would be of most value to you. It will be great to be guided by the reader as to the topics you wish to learn about. I look forward to hearing from you.
E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org